Photoatlas offers free digital photos and reference pictures for personal use on your website or any printed material.
We do have high resolution versions of some images, for commercial use please email us, see contact info below. Most photographs are taken by Urs Hauenstein (most with a variety of Pentax DSLR cameras) unless otherwise noted. We are adding new images and categories as they become available. Descriptions of many places are from Wikipedia.
Photos available here at nature-images.org are all copyrighted and may be used only under these following restrictions:
1. Nature-images.org images may be used for free for personal use or applications, in school or study projects, as reference material or for non-profit organizations projects, as long as you mention the source of the photos with a link back and or a printed mention of this site, anywhere on your website or publication. For commercial and editorial use please go to Stock photography by Urs Hauenstein at Alamy
2. You may not resell or redistribute the photos from this website as collection or single images as stock photos.
3. Photoatlas does not assume any responsibility for websites or any publications where our images are used.
4. Hotlinking of images is prohibited and disabled on this site so you need to download the images and serve them from your own website.
5. Historic images are collected from a variety of sources and are in the public domain.
6. If you see anything on this website for which you hold the copyright, please inform us and we will either remove it or give you credit, whichever you choose.
7. If you want to contribute to this website you can submit your own images via e-mail, pls note the following:
- By submitting photos to Nature-images.org you grant us the right to publish them.
- Please send only photos of animals, plants and landscapes you have taken yourself and not copied images taken by somebody else.
- Please include descriptions of each submitted picture.
- We can not publish all the submitted photos, unpublished material will be deleted.
For any questions, image submissions or link exchange requests please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, the e-mail addresses of those who make postings to our chat areas or submit images and information. We collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded and disclosed only when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
A selection of Nature images, wildlife, flora and landscape stock photos, to see many more images and to license our stock photos please see our complete collection of our wildlife, flora and landscape stock images here at Alamy.