The old Photoatlas website as can be seen here offered free digital photos and reference pictures for personal use on your website or any printed material. That website is availabale as reference material and is not updated atm.
We do have high resolution versions of some images, for commercial use please email us, see contact info below. Most photographs are taken by Urs Hauenstein (most with a variety of Pentax DSLR cameras) unless otherwise noted. We are adding new images and categories as they become available. Descriptions of many places are from Wikipedia.
Photos available here at nature-images.org are all copyrighted and may be used only under these following restrictions:
1. Nature-images.org / Photoatlas.com images may be used for free for personal use or applications, in school or study projects, as reference material or for non-profit organizations projects, as long as you mention the source of the photos with a link back and or a printed mention of this site, anywhere on your website or publication. For commercial and editorial use please go to Stock photography by Urs Hauenstein at Alamy
2. You may not resell or redistribute the photos from this website as collection or single images as stock photos.
3. Photoatlas does not assume any responsibility for websites or any publications where our images are used.
4. Hotlinking of images is prohibited and disabled on this site so you need to download the images and serve them from your own website.
5. Historic images are collected from a variety of sources and are in the public domain.
6. If you see anything on this website for which you hold the copyright, please inform us and we will either remove it or give you credit, whichever you choose.
- For any questions or link exchange requests please send e-mail to email@example.com
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, the e-mail addresses of those who make postings to our chat areas or submit images and information. We collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded and disclosed only when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Most of the country facts text and also the maps are from the Library of Congress online Country Studies
Some texts excerpts for country and city descriptions are from wikipedia.
How can I obtain copyright permission to reproduce or use portions of the text or graphics from the Country Studies?
With the exception of some photographs, which are clearly marked in the photograph’s caption, text and graphics contained in the Country Studies On-Line are not copyrighted. They are considered to be in the public domain and thus available for free and unrestricted use.
How can I obtain permission to link to the Country Studies On-Line web page?
You do not need permission to link to the Country Studies On-Line. The Library of Congress welcomes efforts to make the Country Studies more widely available to the public.
The complete updated country studies can be accessed here:
Pictures that where submitted to photoatlas.com become the property of this website.
If you see anything on this website for which you hold the copyright, please inform us and we will either remove it or give you credit, whichever you choose.
Pictures from this website may be copied for non commercial use.
If used on websites please add a link back to photoatlas.com
Do not hotlink any images if used on your site then upload the images to your server!
Website Design by ared.com
A selection of Nature images, wildlife, flora and landscape stock photos, to see many more images and to license our stock photos please see our complete collection of our wildlife, flora and landscape stock images here at Alamy.